The Dream

My dream is to create a brand new world, one that is fully realized and seems as alive and authentic as this world. A world of my own design, where we may work together, and enrich our own lives. This is something that I need to do, not because I want praise, wealth, or popularity, but because I aspire to create a world that prioritizes creative freedom above all else. I am not sure if this world will ultimately exist as a video game, novel, movie, or some other form of media, but it will be a two-way conversation, not just a funnel for my ideas into your brain. I feel this need to create on such a large scale with all of my being, and it is an integral part of what defines me. Crafting these worlds and stories makes me who I am. If I didn’t do that, I don’t know what I would do with my life. I wish to share my dream with the world and have everyone evolve it, as it changes them as well.

Right now, I lack the skills needed to fully realize my dream, so it has manifested in the form of a fantasy role-playing game, christened “Armonia”, that I play with my peers any chance I can. The players use their imagination, and go on a journey together, meeting the inhabitants of the world. I enter each session with the seed of an idea of what might happen. Together, we then grow this seed through our actions into a world that seems real, and I create people and animals that seem to exist independently, that will continue to exist even when we stop playing. While I am the “author” of the world, it is not something I do alone. My friends become a part of the world, and of my soul forever. Even when I've graduated, and my friends move away, life in Armonia will still go on through the memories of our shared experience.

As a Senior, I know that now is the time to think about the bigger picture. What do I want to spend the remainder of my time doing? For me, the only course of action is to do what I have always done and create new worlds. One of the best ways for me to do this is to become a video game developer, and make use of the tools available to me, such as virtual and augmented reality, to create a virtual world that the people of this world can explore and become a part of together. A place where my creation can continue to evolve and have a positive and profound effect on others. This is what I am compelled and driven to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Zerron?

A New Website once again.

Armonia II/0