GMing Habits

I've gotten into the habit of improvising as a GM instead of making a plan. Even when I do make a plan, I quickly abandon it. For example, yesterday I was GM for my group. I had the plan to quickly push the story forward, and have an evil sorcerer sacrifice them to bring a demon into being. The bulk of the plot would take place in the "after-life," that the players would have to escape.
However, on the spot, I fleshed out the society that surrounds that sorcerer. It is a town of powerful wizards, who live high up in towers, in the "Above-World" The towers are incredibly tall, and powerful magic allows them to exist in multiple planes of existence simultaneously.
This is contrasted with the "Below-World" or the "Down-Below." The people there live in squalor, fighting amongst themselves for food and coin, for a chance to enter the mystical towers. The orphans and the disenfranchised are all mute. Their tongues have been cut out. The people sell their children for a loaf of bread.
All of this I thought up and implemented in half a minute. Welp.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Website once again.

What is Zerron?

Armonia II/0